1. What are „cookie” files?
2. Types and objectives of cookie
Cookie contain technical units of information that are used to protect the user from malicious tampering by third parties by preventing inter-site request forgeries, website usage by artificial intelligence driven robot, and other analytic probabilistic data to distinguish the real user and secure it and the website from the malicious robotic overload of the website.
Cookies are used to improve the functionality and use of website. There are:
- Cookies are used to authenticate, ensure the identity of the user, but do not reveal his identity. These cookies are stored on the users device until the browser closes;
- Functional cookies – through functional cookies, the web site remembers user preferences and the choice that the user can use the website more convenient. Those cookies are permanently stored on the users device.
- Analytical files – collect information on how and how often the website is used and visited, and what search tools are used. Cookies can also be obtained from third-party websites (data processors, such as Google Analytics). These cookies provide an uninterrupted flow of improvements in the efficiency and usability of the site to the user.
- Marketing cookies – collect information to collect information on the website visited by the user and offer interested services. Before the website is used, the user will be asked to give their consent to the posting of these files, since their use is not a functional component in displaying the information of the website. These cookies are usually hosted by third parties (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Yandex etc.). The cookie marketing files are permanently stored on the users device.
3. Usage of cookies
User can change settings of the browser at any time in such way that every time the website is trying to configure the cookie file, user receives notification and can decide whether to accept or decline particular cookie file.